LED lighting is becoming more and more popular to use, at home and at work, with good reasons, read on to learn why you should consider exchanging your traditional bulbs for LED lighting inside or outside your home or business.
Benefits of using LED lighting:
- Energy efficient. LED lighting consumes up to 80-90% less power than incandescent bulbs and other light sources, thereby cutting the powers costs.
- Directional light sources. LED bulbs emit light in a specific direction, unlike incandescent and compact fluorescent bulbs, which emit light and heat in all directions. Therefore, LED lighting uses light and energy more efficiently, offering better quality of lighting distribution for many applications.
- Lower maintenance and replacement costs. The lifespan is longer than incandescent bulbs. LED bulbs last up to 6x longer than non-LED.
- No toxic elements/Eco-friendly. Most businesses use fluorescent lighting strips which contain noxious chemicals, such as mercury, contaminating the environment when disposed of in landfills.
- Powerplant reduction. Switching to LED lighting reduces the demand from power plants and decreases greenhouse gas emissions. A typical 84-watt fluorescent can be replaced by a 36-watt LED to give the same level of light.
GC Electric services include everything electrical, whether it’s repairs, wiring, or servicing residential, commercial, and industrial properties. In addition, we offer solar and wind energy installations as an alternative and green source of electricity.
GC Electric Company
* Residential, Surge Protection * Upgrades * Backup Generators * Cable Wiring
* 24/7 Emergency Service
Serving the greater Lehigh Valley, PA Area
Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Alburtis, Bath, Emmaus, Macungie, Northampton, Orefield, Fogelsville, Schnecksville, Saucon Valley, Trexlertown, Whitehall Area